Before you even get started, gather your supplies: Bun rat (doughnut), Hair Net(s) match your hair color, Hair Gel, Hair Spray, Nylon Thread, Plastic Embroidery Needle, Scissors. Now you are ready!
- Make a ponytail up on the back of your head. (Keep it smooth)
- Place your ponytail inside the center of the Bun Rat (or doughnut)
- Thread your hair through the doughnut and wrap it around, keep it smooth, tuck it under the doughnut until all the hair is covering the doughnut. Use the end of a comb to help you tuck.
- Wrap the hair net around the bun 2 or even 3 times. Hold in place.
- Sew the net to your hair tightly with the nylon thread (or fishing line). Leave a tail at the beginning and at the end and tie a knot. Leave the tail (4 inches or so) hanging. Spray hair completely with hair spray.
- Gel the hair not part of the bun thoroughly, making sure that all flyaways are now flat to your head. This may make your hair feel goopy: don’t worry; it will dry.
- Put on the scrunchie and tie the tail ends around the scrunchie so it does NOT fall off. Snip off extra thread and tuck it under the bun.